Occasional trainers are expected to have an advanced understanding of the fundamentals of classroom instruction in order to be effective in their role as facilitators. This course provides occasional trainers with an opportunity to prepare and present short training sessions along with receiving constructive feedback on their techniques. Participants will learn how to properly prepare for a training session and how to use proven techniques to facilitate learning activities. [V707]
- the instructor's role in the adult learning process
- steps in the delivery of a training session
- holding the attention and interest of participants
- facilitating discussion and encouraging group participation
- time management
This activity has been designed for public servants, supervisors and managers in the Public Service of Canada.
Learning Community: Public Servants, Supervisors, Managers
Key Leadership Competency: Management Excellence: People Management: Training and Development
Schedule and Registration
- Toll-free: 1-866-703-9598
- NCR: 819-953-5400
- TTY: Please call us at 1-866-703-9598 using your relay service provider.
There are no dates currently scheduled for this course. This course is either in
the process of being scheduled or will not be offered until a future session later
in the year.
Online registration through your MyAccount is the preferred method, but the following options are also available: