A contract for services is an agreement by which a person, contractor or service provider commits to providing a service to another person for a price or fee. This course provides the essential information and practical skills that are needed to manage a contract for services within a federal government context. Participants will learn how to better monitor service contracts, manage risks and ensure that services rendered meet the requirements of the initial agreement.
- recognizing the roles and responsibilities in contract management
- identifying the four phases of the procurement process
- creating a monitoring plan
- defining quality measurement standards
- preparing strategies for dealing with unexpected issues