To appreciate the benefits of diversity and participate fully in a diverse workplace, employees need to be aware of their attitudes and biases. This online self-paced course explores strategies that help individuals increase their awareness of diverse cultures, people and ideas and become an advocate for diversity within the workplace. Participants will learn how to be more aware of their attitudes towards diversity and use words and actions that contribute to a positive, inclusive and diverse workplace.
- examining one's core values and beliefs
- fostering nuanced, thoughtful interactions with others
- reviewing best practices for encouraging diversity in the workplace
- developing personal capabilities to embrace and leverage diversity in the workplace
- using inclusive language, flexible communication styles, and active listening skills