Ensuring that effective decision making occurs at all levels of government requires the presentation of sound, logical arguments. This online self-paced course demonstrates how to judge the strength of an argument, recognize logical fallacies, and make an effective argument based on clear reasoning. Participants will learn how to evaluate arguments for accuracy, precision and logic, and use critical thinking techniques to better prepare their own arguments.
- identifying the signs that a statement is making an argument about a topic
- judging the strength of an argument using objective metrics
- recognizing persuasive tactics and avoiding the traps
- evaluating an argument for emotionally charged reasoning
- preparing and delivering a logically sound argument