Federal materiel assets are vital corporate resources that support the cost-effective and efficient delivery of government programs. This online self-paced course provides an overview for non-specialists of the materiel management functions and how they relate to the procurement and real property functions. Participants will learn about the challenges of materiel management within government and the objectives of the Policy on Management of Materiel.
- understanding the life-cycle approach to asset management
- defining procurement requirements
- examining activities related to reception, inspection and traffic
- managing inventory and warehousing
- identifying roles and responsibilities
This course is recognized by the Certification Program for the Federal Government Procurement and Materiel Management Communities, which is managed by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. To learn more about the certification program, consult the Acquired Services and Assets Sector Communities Management Office (ASAS CMO) on GCpedia.
This course is open to all public servants.