Big-picture thinking stretches beyond short-term goals to consider how an organization can succeed in the longer term. This online self-paced course explores how to develop a sense of the big picture using the ideas of systems thinking, including broadening one's perspective, working with paradoxes, understanding causality, and assessing internal and external factors. Participants will learn how their decisions connect with their organization's strategic plans and value chain, and what actions they can take to encourage big picture thinking in their workplace.
- elevating your perspective for a big picture view of your organization
- understanding causality and paradoxes
- considering external factors
- encouraging big-picture thinking in relation to internal direction
- assessing your organization's value and supply chains