The Supervisor Development Program offers a practical, hands-on approach to the core functions of the supervisory role. This course helps registrants prepare for their participation in the virtual edition of the Supervisor Development Program (SDPv). Participants will learn how to assess their personality traits and explore their individual perceptions in advance of the actual program.
- navigating the SDPv process
- beginning self-reflection and self-discovery
- defining the characteristics of a good leader
Course registration is reserved for the participants of the virtual edition of the Supervisor Development Program (SDPv).
Learn more about the Supervisor Development Program.
In this course, participants will:
- be provided with an overview of the various components of the virtual edition of the Supervisor Development Program to better understand the process and what to expect over the next few months
- explore the individual perceptions and beliefs that shape their behaviour
- assess their personality traits using a psychometric tool
- learn to adapt their communication style to different individuals and situations
This course is part of the learning path for the virtual edition of the Supervisor Development Program (SDPv). Certification for the SDPv must be assigned by a departmental Required Training Coordinator or a Learning Coordinator. When these criteria are met, learners can then contact the Client Contact Centre to register for an upcoming offering.
FAQ: Supervisor Development Program - Virtual edition (GCcampus login required)
Becoming a Supervisor: The Basics (G312)