To support Canada's goal of reducing its greenhouse gas emissions, federal facilities have committed to taking practical steps to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions from their operations. This online self-paced course provides an overview of the deep energy retrofit process and its adoption by federal organizations. Through videos and case studies, participants will learn how to plan and implement projects that reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in their buildings, laboratories and vehicle fleets.
- understanding deep retrofits
- defining the stages of the deep energy retrofit process
- applying energy modelling in integrative design
- defining optimum performance
- using technology applications for deep retrofits
This course has been adapted from training material for the United States Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program and is being delivered through Natural Resources Canada's Greening Government Services.