It is critical for workplace safety that employees are able to recognize common hazards, including slips, trips and falls, which make up the majority of general industry accidents. This online self-paced course is intended to help prevent accidents in the workplace and provides useful information that complies with the intent of the regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines. Participants will become familiar with the different slip, trip and fall hazards in the workplace, the basics of ladder safety, and generally how to prevent avoidable injuries.
- reviewing the injuries that can result from slips, trips and falls
- identifying fall hazards in the work area
- setting up and using a ladder safely
- preventing injuries on stairs
- minimizing walkway hazards
Subject-matter support for this course was provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental, health and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.