For their own safety, all employees should have a basic understanding of the emergency procedures in their workplace. This online self-paced course provides instructions on emergency response, safety, reporting, and evacuation procedures in the event of a natural disaster, fire, bomb threat or other emergency. Participants will learn about the purpose and scope of an emergency evacuation plan, the actions to take in specific dangerous situations, and the benefits of having a workplace violence prevention plan.
- examining the purpose of an emergency response plan
- examining the purpose of an emergency evacuation plan
- examining the purpose of a workplace violence prevention plan
- recalling the actions to take in specific emergency situations
- identifying specific actions to take in the event of a bomb threat
This course was developed with subject-matter support provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental and health and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.
The course content is designed to comply with the intent of applicable regulatory requirements and best practice standards. The procedures contained in this training should be followed unless otherwise directed by your employer, the police or fire department officials.