Project managers play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing the projects assigned to them. This online self-paced course for new project managers presents the foundational concepts of project management, including what a project is and what project managers are responsible for. Participants will learn the essentials of project planning, as well as how to identify project stakeholders and their interests.
- recognizing common project characteristics
- identifying potential reasons for undertaking a project
- defining the responsibilities of a project manager
- finding information sources when starting a new project
- identifying key project stakeholders