The Government of Canada is obliged to make its programs and services accessible to all Canadians, including those with disabilities. This online self-paced course provides an overview of the considerations involved in making public services accessible from a communications perspective. Participants will learn about the different types of barriers to communication, such as speech and language impairments, and what accommodations are available to address them.
- understanding communication disabilities
- identifying types of barriers to communication
- exploring accommodations and support mechanisms
- using the Communication Assistance Database
- displaying the communication access symbol
This online course was designed by Communication Disabilities Access Canada (CDAC). Registrants will be redirected to the CDAC's website to complete the registration process. Upon completion of the course, CDAC will send a certificate to participants by email.