There is growing evidence of the global impact of mental illness. Cutting across age, gender, education and social strata without prejudice, mental disorders are among the most important contributors to the burden of disease and disability worldwide – and we will see continued dramatic increases in mental illness if action is not taken. A psychologically safe and healthy workplace promotes emotional well-being, and presents minimal risk to employee mental health. By making changes to your workplace environment, and offering support to employees, you can reduce the duration and severity of mental illness, and enhance recovery. This course will examine best practices in developing a psychologically healthy workplace.
- understand the impact that mental illness has on Canadian workplaces
- learn how our experience at work impacts our mental health
- understand the promotion of mental well-being at work benefits both employees and employers
- learn reasons for a national standard in Canada for psychological health and safety
- know best practices for the promotion of mental well-being at work.