Some people openly talk about their mental illness with colleagues, while others are more discreet. This course is designed for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in attaining the necessary skills to identify the key steps their workplace can take to improve communication on mental health. Participants will learn communication strategies for effective conversations about mental health issues, with the overall goal to help educate and increase awareness in the workplace.
- the prevalence of mental health illness in the workplace
- methods to break the stigma of mental health illness
- the key steps in the workplaces
- communication skills, such as active listening
- the confidence needed to help co-workers discuss these concerns