Lesley Flansberry joined the Canada School of Public Service as an executive faculty member in September 2023.
At the beginning of her career, Lesley worked in management for both the private and non-profit sectors and specialized in service delivery for marginalized populations.
Armed with a thirst to experience all the different facets of the Government of Canada program cycle, she then spent over 20 years in a variety management roles at Natural Resources Canada, the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, Canadian Heritage, Employment and Social Development Canada, and most recently, Health Canada.
She is highly knowledgeable and wants to share her experience in using a growth mindset to lead transformative initiatives, build strategic partnerships and establish high-performance teams. She brings a passion for facilitating and creating collaborative and empowering spaces, thinking innovatively to identify and leverage partners and resources in the delivery of client- and user-focused service excellence.
Her motto is “Everything is Figure-Out-Able!” She is proud to serve in the official language of your choice. She is an even prouder mom of a teen that works and plays on the unceded traditional territory of her ancestors, the Anishnaabeg People.
- Strategic leadership development
- Behavioural science to support transformation and cultural change, including inclusiveness, diversity, accessibility, and the future of work.
- Stakeholder engagement and strategic communication
- Development and management of programs and policies
- Certified Change Management Professional, ProSci Canada (2010)
- Master Certification, Facilitator, RANA Facilitation (2003)
- Faculty and Practitioner, GC Learning Organization Community of Practice (2002)
- Master's Degree, School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University (2001)
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, University of Ottawa (1997)