COVID-19: Working Virtually
This checklist provides tips and information to help you prepare to work remotely during the COVID-19 crisis situation.
Download as PDF (219 KB)
Tips for managers
- Connect with your team members as a group or individually to:
- ensure team members are okay
- update team members on departmental direction
- identify a communication strategy, for example, confirm that employees are getting departmental messages, confirm frequency of communication touch points
- share clear work expectations with you team members during this period
- Confirm which employees are teleworking, are on annual leave or are on leave in response to COVID-19.
- Support team members as needed, for example, determine which team members need one-on-one chats or more frequent check-ins.
- Be flexible and human. Your team will be working from home and may have family members creating additional demands on their time. They may also be experiencing anxiety or feeling isolated and alone.
Tips for team members
- Connect with your colleagues and manager to:
- ask questions
- confirm communication channels on how to get the most up-to-date information on working arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak
- clarify your manager's expectations during this time
- share best practices regarding working remotely
- talk about your concerns to avoid anxiety about any ambiguous expectations
- Be aware of which colleagues are teleworking and which colleagues are on leave.
- Be kind to yourself. This may be a period of anxiety for you and your loved ones, so take care of yourself. Do not hesitate to reach out to your supervisor, your team members or the Employee Assistance Program for support.