Executive Leadership Development Program for EX-04 and EX-05
The Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP) for EX-04 and EX-05 (also referred to as the ADM Executive Leadership Development Program) is a unique opportunity for participants to deepen their personal leadership in a trusted and well-integrated community of their peers. This is accomplished through interactive and experiential learning, both as a cohort and in small groups where various experts and leaders from public, private, non-governmental and academic sectors share their experiences and their perspectives on current issues.
Participants are challenged to broaden their perspectives and to operate with a global mindset in positioning Canada and delivering results for Canadians now and into the future. Participants for this program are identified through the existing ADM Talent Management Exercise and selected by the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer based on the recommendations of a deputy head.
Executive Leadership Development Program video GCcampus login required
On this page
About the program
In this program, participants will:
- build a community within the senior executive ranks and strengthen connections between their peers
- share smart practices and strengthen a global mindset within a diverse environment (international, national and regional)
- hold discussions with embassy staff and/or officials from various countries
- become aware of the importance of being a digital and innovative leader
- be mentored to support their individual development
- interact with experts in policy, program operations and management
- explore innovation, failure and transformation with a focus on taking action and achieving results
- increase political acumen
The ADM ELDP EX-04 and EX-05 includes approximately 24 days of learning modules in cohorts spread out over 12 months. Some travel is required in Canada and in the United States. The Program also requires individual learning (up to 5 days) for psychometric assessments, one-on-one meetings with a mentor and key readings and viewings prior to each learning event.
- Program Kick-Off: Framing the Leadership Challenge: 1/2 day; National Capital Region
- Getting to Work: Some of the Basics: 3 days; National Capital Region
- How Washington Works: 3 days; Washington
- Pioneering Innovation: 3 days; Waterloo and Vicinity
- Leading in the Global Arena: 3 days; National Capital Region
- The Power of Pluralism: 3 days; National Capital Region
- Northern Study Tours: 5 days
- Leading into the Next Decade and Closing Ceremony: 3 days; National Capital Region
To qualify, you must be:
- at the EX-04 or EX-05 (or equivalent) level within your organization
- identified through the existing ADM Talent Management Exercise
- selected by the Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer based on the recommendations of a deputy head
Updates for employees on COVID-19, telework, advisories, messages and resources to share.
Consult learning resources for public servants during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This website is continually being updated in response to your feedback.