Every year, students continue to prove the worth of their contribution to the renewal of the Government of Canada. Their curiosity, innovative ideas and learned experiences are important assets to all federal departments and agencies.
Hosted in collaboration with the Federal Youth Network, the 2022 Welcoming Event for Students features a full day of learning and networking activities for students working across the government. This event is designed to welcome and orient students, mark their arrival to the public service, and give them the tools they need to make their government experience a success.
Although portions of this event are geared to newly hired students, it is open to all students working in the Government of Canada. Join us to take advantage of the learning and networking opportunities available throughout the day!
- 10:30 am to 11:00 am
Self-directed exploration of kiosks
- 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Student welcoming event
- 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
Orientation to the public service, student edition
- 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Virtual networking in Wonder.me
- Camila Das Gupta, Human Resources Advisor, Employment Opportunity for Students with Disabilities, Public Service Commission of Canada
- Joshua Frame, National Chair, Federal Youth Network, and Associate Faculty, Canada School of Public Service
- Gina Wilson, Deputy Minister, Women and Gender Equality and Youth
- Christiane Fox, Deputy Minister, Indigenous Services Canada
- Elisabeth Martin, Human Resources Advisor, Shared Services Canada
- Véronic M. Gachignac, Human Resources Advisor, Employment Opportunity for Indigenous Student, Public Service Commission of Canada
- Audrey-Anne Racine, Human Resources Advisor, Employment and Social Development Canada and GCStudent Co-Chair
- Tabassum Khan, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advisor, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada