The Canada School of Public Service is pleased to partner with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and the Investment Planning and Project Management Community of Practice to host the fourth annual learning day for the Government of Canada's project and programmes management community.
This year's theme, The Role of the Senior Designated Official in the Public Service, looks into the responsibilities, challenges and opportunities related to this key role. This event provides participants an opportunity to build their knowledge and skills so that they can effectively deliver projects in a rapidly changing public sector context.
Topics of discussion include the role of the senior designated official in relation to product management and in the context of project and programme assurance. The event also includes a workshop on how to effectively lead change and influence others to embrace it. In addition, the event will also be an opportunity to celebrate the recipients of the Project Management Awards.
By attending this event, participants can obtain Professional Development Units (PDUs) for maintaining their Project Management Institute certifications.
- Bertrand Lalonde, Senior Director, Investment and Performance Management, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Melanie Winzer, Senior Director, Project Management & Project Portfolio Planning, Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Roch Huppé, Comptroller General of Canada, Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada
- David Hair, Senior Consultant, Employment & Social Development Canada
- Karen Robertson, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Designated Official, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Pierre Tessier, Director General, Enterprise Strategic Management Office, Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Sarah Bartal, Senior Policy Analyst, Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada
- Tom Wujec, Founder, Wujec Group and Wicked Problem Solving
- Peter Robinson, Senior Managing Partner and Canada Public Sector Market Leader, Gartner Consulting