Successful teams are characterized as being collaborative and having strong communication skills. This online self-paced course introduces techniques and strategies for encouraging effective communication and teamwork, and addresses ways to overcome communication problems in both on-site and virtual teams. Participants will learn about common tools and technologies that enable virtual collaboration, and will review key considerations in establishing guidelines for virtual team communication.
- overcoming team communication issues related to over-criticism and groupthink
- dealing with interrupters and non-contributors
- fostering collaboration through team-oriented assignments
- setting guidelines for virtual teams
- improving team collaboration through communication