Under the Canada School of Public Service Act, the School, as a departmental corporation, is mandated to:
- encourage pride and excellence in the public service;
- foster a common sense of the purposes, values and traditions of the public service;
- support the growth and development of public servants;
- help ensure that public servants have the knowledge, skills and competencies they need to do their jobs effectively;
- assist deputy heads in meeting the learning needs of their organization; and
- pursue excellence in public management.
Acts and regulations
The School is responsible for the Canada School of Public Service Act.
All of the federal government's acts and regulations can be found on the Justice Canada Website.
For more information
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
The School's primary responsibility is to provide a broad range of learning opportunities and establish a culture of learning within the public service.
The School is a departmental corporation whose mission is set out in the Canada School of Public Service Act.
Be the School of choice for public servants by offering the highest quality of learning experiences.
Values and guiding principles
We achieve excellence by working together.
- I contribute to the success of the School.
We continuously adapt, innovate and seek efficiencies.
- I focus on meeting the needs of the public service.
We lead by example.
- I am accountable.
- I contribute to a fulfilling workplace.
These values are in addition to those in the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Date modified: