John is Lead Faculty at the Canada School of Public Service. In this role, he facilitates executive leadership programs and provides strategic advice and direction on executive learning and faculty recruitment. Prior to this role, John was Director General of Transferable Skills at the School. In addition to his work in learning design and delivery, John has extensive experience designing and delivering government policies and programs, and working in a central agency. Before joining the School, John was the Executive Director of Strategic Policy at the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. He works from Ottawa.
"I am committed to building a learning culture in the federal public service and am deeply appreciative of the opportunity to connect and exchange with Government of Canada leaders at all levels in the context of the School’s events, courses and programs. I try to make learning challenging, meaningful and (hopefully) fun. I am passionate about promoting human-centred leadership and furthering discussion and learning related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, which I believe is essential to helping us provide the best possible services to the public."
- Orientation for Directors General
- New Directors Program
- Project Management and the Senior Leader
- Human-centred leadership at all levels
- Briefing, deck design, and narrative
- Integral Associate Coach
- Insights Discovery Client Practitioner
- Public Service Commission 360 Feedback Certification
- Master of Arts (Linguistics/French – Carleton University; Université de Savoie, France)
- Bachelor of Arts (History – Carleton University)